Wednesday, June 29, 2011

3 Weeks

6/28/2011-6/29/2011
As of today, I have been in Moldova for three weeks. Much of my Moldovan routine has remained the same. However, there are a few of things worth mentioning. First, I tried Compot. Compot is fruit juice with pieces of the fruit still in it. It is made by boiling the fruit in water and adding sugar. It is good hot or cold.

Weather wise, it has been raining a lot. Basically it has rained for the last week. Usually I don't mind the rain, but here in Moldova when it rains the streets become very muddy.

English Education training is progressing nicely. On Tuesday, we taught a lesson in front of our peers. I chose to teach a lesson for 12th grade about cultural diversity. It went pretty well. For that lesson we had to write a 45 minute lesson plan and teach the lesson in 20 minutes.

Today, I also learned some information about my future site. It will most likely be a village where they speak both Romanian and Russian. The people in charge of placement asked me if I was okay with teaching in a mixed school and village, and I said that I was. I find out my permanent site on July 5th. That is actually really soon. Soon after we find out, I will visit my permanent site for a couple of days.

Also, for the first three weeks we were not allowed to leave our village unless it was for training. Now that the three weeks are basically over, we can stay in Chisinau after training sessions are over and come to Chisinau to shop.

Nothing much else to report. I am looking forward to finding out my site, and am glad that the first peer teaching is behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment