Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fourth of July Party

July 3, 2011

Yesterday, I attended a fourth of July party put on by the American Chamber of Commerce Moldova chapter. It was pretty fun. The music was kind of loud, but the food was delicious. I had some chicken wings that were just a tad spicy, a hot dog, and a really well-seasoned hamburger. I could taste the pepper in the hamburger. I also had a soft-serve ice cream that had chocolate sauce on it. The Moldovan food I have been eating is good, but it is very mild. It tends to be seasoned with salt, oil, dill or some combination of the three. The Fourth of July party also had free drinks. They were cold, which is unusual for Moldova.

Nothing else new to report, except that I find out my permanent site on Tuesday. The only thing I know about it so far is that it will be a mixed village where people speak both Russian and Romanian. I am really looking forward to finding out. This coming weekend I will visit my site. I am both nervous and excited about that.

I hope all of you are well and are having a nice holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment