Monday, June 13, 2011

Walk Around the Village



6/13/2011:

Yesterday, a group of us walked around the village we are staying in. We have language classes and technical sessions there. We stopped at some people's houses and got a sense for what the town looks like. We walked by the cultural center and the Mayor's office. While we were walking around, I worked on drawing a map. Our safety trainer told us to make one of our village. I ended up just basing mine off of Google maps though. It was nice during the day, but at night there was a thunderstorm. My host sister made sure I unplugged my computer and kept the lights off. During the storm, the town lost power. It didn't return until sometime after I left for school today. To the left is a picture from my village.




No comments:

Post a Comment