Saturday, October 1, 2011

Metro

1/10/2011

Today, I made a brief trip to the nearest city. It is called Balti. I went there to go to a store called Metro. Metro is like Costco except that you don't need a membership to go there. You can become a member, but it doesn't seem like it is mandatory or like it costs anything. There was a section for clothing, a section for office supplies, electronics, food, and pharmacy type stuff. In terms of what it sold, it was more like a small Walmart, but I think it is like a Costco in terms of how it looks. It resembles a warehouse. You can find most of what you need there, although the selection of office supplies seemed kind of small. I have been told that I should be able to find Crayola markers at Metro, but this one didn't seem to have any. It is interesting that most countries that I have been to seem to have one stop shopping stores. They definitely are more convenient than having to go to a bunch of smaller stores. In Moldova, things seemed to be cheaper than they are in the nearest town to mine.

Weather wise, fall has definitely arrived. It has been chilly in the morning, and only slightly warmer in the afternoon. Although today it has been quite nice. Otherwise, things here are pretty much the same as always. I hope to make another trip to Balti soon to go to Green Hills, a supermarket. I think I might cook my own lunch on the weekends and I need some stuff to cook with. If I want it, Green Hills will most likely have it. The draw back is that all the labels are in Russian. I can read Cyrillic, but that doesn't mean I will understand the words. My best solution so far has been to look at the packaging. Happy October everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment