Monday, June 18, 2012

Bucharest back to Moldova

Friday, June 15th, 2012:

Bucharest: I arrived at Bucharest at around noon after my relatively short flight from Athens. I was served lunch on the flight, but it was just a dry sandwich. When I got to Bucharest I was able to find some decent Thai food. Well, at least it was spicy like it was supposed to be. That was definitely the highlight of the 8 hours I spent in the airport.

I almost managed to shorten my time in the airport considerably, but I didn't know how airports work in Bucharest. Unlike in America, the counters near the gates aren't staffed until the plane needs to start boarding. They also can't change tickets or issue boarding passes. I waited near one to see if I could change my flight to the earlier one, but it was too late since they needed to start boarding the plane. If I had wanted her to be able to change it I would have needed to go to the check in counter on the other side of security. Even then, I'm not sure if it would have been free to do. Luckily, I found a spot to charge my ipod that also had wireless. I spent most of the 8 hours there. At around dinner time, I went to the Burger King in the airport food court. Every once in a while, I definitely appreciate American fast food.

At around 7:50 I got on a bus to board the small plane that would take me to Chisinau. when I arrived at the airport, I caught a taxi to the hostel I usually stay at and went to bed around 11:30.

Saturday, June 16th, 2012: Back at Site

I woke up late, took a shower, and left the hostel. I quickly stopped by Peace Corps headquarters before walking to the north bus station. I boarded by usual minibus and was on my way back to my village. I got back to my village in the evening and unpacked. It was nice seeing my family, but it was also nice to get back to my Moldovan home. In a little over a year I will be back in the US. I figure I might as well enjoy Moldova while I am here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment